Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Book Talk = Elijah Of Buxton


I read an exciting book called Elijah Of Buxton By:Christopher Paul Curtis. Elijah is one of the main characters. He can shoot down 5 planks of wood with 2 bullets. Imagine you could do that and you can use a gun! Elijah’s friend’s family is in slavery. His friend was saving up money to get his family out of slavery when out of the blue someone robs him. Now his friend counts on Elijah to find the thief because he is a good detective. I think I learned to be brave and help friends because Elijah helped his friends by helping him look for the thief and looking for a thief that might have been armed is really brave. I would recommend this book to people who like adventure and historical fiction. I would recommend Elijah of Buxton because it is a good book that has a lot of adventure. My overall opinion is that this book is excellent for people who like to read.

1 comment:

  1. I recently read Bud, Not Buddy by the same author, and thought it was well written and very funny. Based on your recommendation, I'll add Elijah of Buxton to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete